YOU KNOW IT'S SWEEPS WHEN...
Monday, October 31, 2011
It's that time of the year again: November sweeps! It's a time when every show is new and more outrageous than ever to pull in big ratings. Here are some of the sweeps stunts pulled so far:
- On the first day of sweeps, The Doctors had an exclusive with a burn victim who wants to get face transplant surgery.
- Today, The Doctors had an exclusive with the "pregnant man," Thomas Beatie and his wife. They've had three kids, who were also on the show.
Halloween was built for sweeps. It seems just about every show today featured hosts and guests wearing costumes.
- Regis & Kelly ususally put on an entertaining Halloween show. This year's was lame. No Regis. Enough said.
- The ladies of The View dressed like reality stars.
- Bill Cunningham spoke with a real-life vampire.
- Wendy Williams was dressed as a Pan Am flight attendant. The Situation was her guest. He played the pilot.
Labels: sweeps stunts
posted by jc @ 8:36 PM, ,
MTV, Mondays 10pm/ET
Based on a popular documentary film, this weekly series follows people who are in online relationships. They meet their longtime loves with the help of the show, but things aren't always what they seem.
FAST FOOD MANIA
DESTINATION AMERICA, Sundays 10pm/ET
If you listen to the Howard Stern show, the you already know that Jon Hein is the biggest fan of fast food around. Join Jon as he checks out the best places to chow down for cheap on this new show on the new network, Destination America. If you're not craving something greasing after watch this show, then something is wrong with you.
Trisha Goddard hosted talk shows overseas for years. Now, she's the star of her own show, a spin-off of Maury, here in the states. Topics have included a man with 5 wives and women who eat strange objects like drywall and dirt.
About THE DAILY EDITION
The Daily Edition blog brings you the stories you'll be talking about at the water cooler. Follow The Daily Edition on Twitter: @JCers.