HEATH LEDGER DIED OF PRESCRIPTION OVERDOSE
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Heath Ledger's death was an accident and the result of the abuse of prescription medications, according to the medical examiner.
The medical examiner released results of the toxicology report Wednesday, saying Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of six drugs, including pain killers, sleeping pills, and anti-anxiety drugs.
The six drugs found in his system were oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine, the medical examiner's office said.
An official familiar with the autopsy results said the combination of drugs likely led to respiratory failure.
The official said the death was ruled an accidental overdose not because he took a large number of pills at once but because of the cumulative effect that taking numerous drugs had.
posted by jc @ 10:52 AM,
MTV, Mondays 10pm/ET
Based on a popular documentary film, this weekly series follows people who are in online relationships. They meet their longtime loves with the help of the show, but things aren't always what they seem.
FAST FOOD MANIA
DESTINATION AMERICA, Sundays 10pm/ET
If you listen to the Howard Stern show, the you already know that Jon Hein is the biggest fan of fast food around. Join Jon as he checks out the best places to chow down for cheap on this new show on the new network, Destination America. If you're not craving something greasing after watch this show, then something is wrong with you.
Trisha Goddard hosted talk shows overseas for years. Now, she's the star of her own show, a spin-off of Maury, here in the states. Topics have included a man with 5 wives and women who eat strange objects like drywall and dirt.
About THE DAILY EDITION
The Daily Edition blog brings you the stories you'll be talking about at the water cooler. Follow The Daily Edition on Twitter: @JCers.