2008 IN REVIEW: MUSIC
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Beyonce - "If I Were A Boy"
Beyonce - "Single Ladies"
BoysLikeGirls - "Thunder"
Britney Spears - "Womanizer"
Chris Brown - "Forever"
Chris Brown - "With You"
Coldplay - "Viva la Vida"
Flo-rida - "Low"
Jack's Mannequin - "The Resolution"
Jesse McCartney - "Leavin'"
Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"
Katy Perry - "Hot N Cold"
Katy Perry - "I Kissed A Girl"
Kid Rock - "All Summer Long"
Leona Lewis - "Better In Time"
Leona Lewis - "Bleeding Love"
Lil Wayne - "Lollipop"
Lil Wayne - "A Milli"
Linkin Park - "Leave Out All The Rest"
Metro Station - "Shake It"
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"
Miley Cyrus - "Seven Things"
Paramore - "That's What You Get"
Pink - "So What"
Rihanna - "Disturbia"
Rihanna - "Take A Bow"
Shontelle - "T-Shirt"
Taylor Swift - "Our Song"
T.I. - "Whatever You Like"
Usher - "Love In This Club"
Daughtry - "What About Now"
Duffy - "Mercy"
Jonas Bros. - "Lovebug"
Kevin Rudolf - "Let It Rock" Kid Rock - "All Summer Long"
Leona Lewis - "Better in Time"
OAR - "Shattered (Turn The Car Around)"
Plain White T's - "1,2,3,4"
Rehab - "Bartender"
Saving Abel - "Addicted"
State of Shock - "Money Honey"
Leona Lewis, Katy Perry, Flo-rida, Taylor Swift
- After a disastrous 2007, Britney Spears was back in 2008 with a new album that spawned the hit single, "Womanizer." Spears also won a bunch of awards at MTV's Video Music Awards in September. And who could forget her big birthday celebration on Good Morning America?
- Miley Cyrus just got bigger and bigger in 2008. Several of her singles climbed the charts. She also caused controversy for some sexy shower pictures she took that wound up on the Internet.
- The Jonas Brother are probably the most annoying band out there. They make adults cringe and teen girls swoon. They were everywhere in 2008 and will hopefully be nowhere in 2009.
- David Cook beat out David Archuleta to win American Idol. Both went on to have hit singles in 2008.
- After 10 years on the air, TRL was canceled in 2008. Carson Daly returned for the finale, which aired live on MTV. Guests included Fall Out Boy, Diddy, Ludacris, Kid Rock and the Backstreet Boys.
- MTV's ratings dropped almost 25% in the fourth quarter of 2008. In response, they're launching even more lame reality shows. How about some music?
- Mariah Carey made headlines for her marriage to much-younger Nick Cannon.
- Ashlee Simpson had a baby girl with rocker husband Pete Wentz.
- New Kids on the Block got back together and had a hit with their single, "Summertime."
- Chris Brown, Rihanna, T.I., Lil Wayne, Coldplay and Taylor Swift were probably the biggest musical success stories of 2008.
posted by jc @ 10:41 AM,
MTV, Mondays 10pm/ET
Based on a popular documentary film, this weekly series follows people who are in online relationships. They meet their longtime loves with the help of the show, but things aren't always what they seem.
FAST FOOD MANIA
DESTINATION AMERICA, Sundays 10pm/ET
If you listen to the Howard Stern show, the you already know that Jon Hein is the biggest fan of fast food around. Join Jon as he checks out the best places to chow down for cheap on this new show on the new network, Destination America. If you're not craving something greasing after watch this show, then something is wrong with you.
Trisha Goddard hosted talk shows overseas for years. Now, she's the star of her own show, a spin-off of Maury, here in the states. Topics have included a man with 5 wives and women who eat strange objects like drywall and dirt.
About THE DAILY EDITION
The Daily Edition blog brings you the stories you'll be talking about at the water cooler. Follow The Daily Edition on Twitter: @JCers.