OPRAH'S FAVORITE THINGS: 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
It's Oprah's last season. Today, she surprised her audiences (grown men were crying) with her very last Oprah's Favorite things. Oprah had medics standing by in the audience in case people got overwhelmed. You can't make this stuff up. Here's what every single person in the audience went home with:
- a diamond watch
- tote bag and matching shoes
- Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera ($699)
- Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater with matching cashmere cable throw($498)
- Eclipse earrings ($525)
- Andre Walker shampoo and conditioner ($65)
- Breville panini press ($99.95)
- Ceramic cutlery set ($79.95)
- Beecher's World's Best Mac & Cheese
- Baker's edge brownie pan and lasagna pan ($34.95)
- "A Course in Weight Loss" book
- "Decoded" - new book by Jay-Z
- 5 year membership to Netflix
- Sony 52-inch 3D television with glasses and Blu-ray disc player ($3,500)
- Closet system from The Container Store
- Oprah's farewell season T-shirts
- Black workout pants
- Allure of the Seas cruise on the biggest cruise ship in the world (7-day cruise thru the Carribbean)
The show ended with a performance by the Black Eyed Peas. Oprah's just getting started. On Monday, PART TWO of Oprah's Favorite Things.
Labels: daytime tv
posted by jc @ 4:04 PM,
MTV, Mondays 10pm/ET
Based on a popular documentary film, this weekly series follows people who are in online relationships. They meet their longtime loves with the help of the show, but things aren't always what they seem.
FAST FOOD MANIA
DESTINATION AMERICA, Sundays 10pm/ET
If you listen to the Howard Stern show, the you already know that Jon Hein is the biggest fan of fast food around. Join Jon as he checks out the best places to chow down for cheap on this new show on the new network, Destination America. If you're not craving something greasing after watch this show, then something is wrong with you.
Trisha Goddard hosted talk shows overseas for years. Now, she's the star of her own show, a spin-off of Maury, here in the states. Topics have included a man with 5 wives and women who eat strange objects like drywall and dirt.
About THE DAILY EDITION
The Daily Edition blog brings you the stories you'll be talking about at the water cooler. Follow The Daily Edition on Twitter: @JCers.